Hi all! I hope those of you with children are surviving virtual schooling, as do I hope that everyone continues to stay healthy and safe! My kids are homeschooling, my husband is blessedly, thankfully, able to work 100% from home, and my writing schedule has taken some readjustment, but I feel grateful and excited for Autumn weather, pumpkin everything, and soon, winter. What are some of the ways you’re keeping busy? Baking? Creating? I’d love to hear from you! In order to keep spirits up, I have a ton of news to share: a NEW novel up for pre-order, featured author Heather McCollum, a giveaway, and a fun Halloween event! This year has definitely been a strange one. I hope I can at least bring a smile to your face, and offer you a few ways to pass the time, or brighten someone’s day as we approach this holiday season!
Virtual Trick-Or-Treating, say what?
Yes! This October, virtual trick-or-treating is totally a thing in the historical romance community. Join me and 29 of your favorite authors in a virtual candy hunt all week long. See the picture here, and read more below:
The event is free for anyone to participate, and one lucky reader will walk away with a gift card to load up on books. We authors have all contributed to the gift card, and we hope it will make someone’s day, or even their week! All you need is an internet connection to hunt each of our websites for candy. Heather McCollum organizes these fun hops, and I love to always participate. You might even discover a new-to-you author, too!
- Check out the event page on: Trick-or-Treat Hop!
- Or if you don’t use Facebook, find the complete instructions by clicking here!
Book News Book News Book Neeeewwwws!
(Can you tell I’m STILL excited from the last newsletter?)
1. COVER AND TITLE REVEAL: I’m soooo pleased to FINALLY reveal my newest book! Twelfth Knight’s Bride is up for pre-order and will release on 11.16.20! This cover is so pretty. The red, the plaid, the snow… I loved writing this book. Aileana and Jamie are enemies at the beginning of the book, and certainly Jamie has a challenge on his hands in winning Aileana’s heart. I was so inspired by real history and lore, that I couldn’t wait to begin writing their journey, and I hope Aileana and James’s story-of overcoming tumultuous pasts to find a happily-ever-after, warms your heart and your holiday season. Check out the true historical tidbits that inspired the story by visiting my Historical Facts Page. Or grab your pre-order for your preferred e-reader here:
- Amazon UK
- Amazon CA
- Amazon Australia
- B&N has had some glitches recently but they’re working to sort them all out. I’ll update a link as soon as it’s fixed!
*ARC readers: If you want to read an advanced copy of Twelfth Knight’s Bride in order to leave an honest review, ARCs are live on Netgalley! Your reviews are always greatly appreciated and mean a lot to authors! Also, please consider marking the book as “Want to read” on Goodreads!
2. In case you missed it last time, I’m part of a wonderful holiday anthology. Merry Mayhem: A Collection of Yuletide Rogues and Outlaws releases in just one week! 11.01.20. Working with this group of authors to put this set together was such a joy, and I hope the stories we’ve included give you another way to stay warm and cozy this winter!
Let six award-winning and bestselling authors sweep you away to Medieval Scotland and England for the holidays, with six never-before published tales of Yuletide rogues who steal their ladies’ hearts. Whether tales of midwinter legends, daring escapes, and second chance love, or pirates, bets, and outwitting villains, a merry sort of mayhem abounds! O’Donnell, Kean, Watson, Markland, Welfonder, and MacRae deliver heartwarming novellas sure to tug your heartstrings and warm your coldest midwinter days.
And my contribution? The Capture of Finnan MacLeod! I love this story of star-crossed lovers who do what they must to overcome. With this braw Highland laird and a clever Highland lady, nothing is impossible.
Merry Mayhem: A Collection of Yuletide Rogues and Outlaws releases just in time for the holidays. Pre-order here:
Historical Halloween Game
Starting Monday, Oct. 26th 2020, and running through the end of the above Trick-or-Treat Hop, I’m doing a little Halloween contest in celebration of my new book, Twelfth Knight’s Bride! One lucky winner will win a free ebook. Click on the picture to go to the game page!
Did you know I have an alter ego on Facebook? Many of you follow my Medieval/Scottish page, where I spend most of my time chatting with readers and sharing inspiring or funny pictures or links related to the Medieval and Scotland. But because I have a new contemporary cowboy romance series launching in 2022 with Tule Publishing, I’ve started a page specifically for my cowboys! If you want to follow my historical page, or if you read outside of the historical genre and want to follow my cowboys, click your choice below:
Whether in kilts with swords, or pearl snaps and stetsons, my rugged heroes wear plaid!
Heather McCollum is an award-winning, historical romance writer. With over twenty books published, she is an Amazon Best Seller and a Readers’ Choice winner.
The rugged beauty and rich history of Great Britain captivates Ms. McCollum each time she visits. The country’s history and landscape have been a backdrop for her stories since her very first book.
When she is not dreaming up adventures and conflict for brawny Highlanders and feisty heroines, she spends her time educating women on the symptoms of Ovarian Cancer. She is a survivor and resides with her very own Highland hero and three spirited children in the wilds of suburbia on the mid-Atlantic coast.
Check out her new release The Highlander’s Unexpected Proposal below! Another gorgeous Highlander historical from this talented author I’m grateful to call a friend!
- A lass begging to marry him might top the list of “oddest things to happen,” but Chief Adam Macquarie is desperate. And no matter how much he hates to do it, he’s not above lying to get what he wants. Starting with the fact that he just omitted the truth about the situation back at his home—where there are no women and only a handful of other people. Because he has a secret need for a wife himself, one she won’t be too happy about when she finds out.
- Lark Montgomerie is thrilled the brawny chief agrees to save her from her drunken father’s machinations of wedding her off to the first fool that agrees. He’s easy on the eyes and no one can be worse than her current options. Now a new life awaits her, on an exciting Scottish isle no less, and nothing will dampen her spirits. That is, until she arrives in her new homeland and realizes more than a few things are amiss…
Links to your preferred reader can be found here:
Happy reading, all! I hope you continue to stay safe and healthy and I’ll see you next time!