Happy holiday to all. No matter what reason you have for the season, I hope it is marvelous and peaceful. I’ve been working on new books, and dealing with the slings and arrows of life—who hasn’t? Therefore, I apologize for having missed my September newsletter. However, the awesome giveaway I had planned then, is happening now! But first, mark your calendars for May 16th, because… (…drumroll…)
I’ll be signing books at Nora Roberts’ bookstore in Boonsboro!!! I’m thrilled to be participating in her event and hope that anyone in the Western Maryland, Southern Pennsylvania, Northern Virginia, and Eastern WV panhandle can come to Turn the Page Bookstore to see me. More on that in the coming months!
(<—– Photo Credit: Turn The Page’s Facebook page)
Elizabeth’s Holiday Romance List
Ready to dig into a good holiday romance? I’ve put together a list of stories and authors that are guaranteed to put you in the holiday spirit, sweep you away, or keep you company on a chilly winter night. Click here:
Historical Romance Holiday Hop and Holiday Cookie Recipe!
This holiday cookie hop organized by Author Heather McCollum was so much fun! It has concluded since my newsletter was sent out, on 12-13-2019 at 11:59 pm, and winners have been announced. Thanks to all who participated! The prizes might be awarded, but I’ve included my cookie recipe here for those wanting to give it a try. Behold, Peanut butter cup Perfections! (Featured on the far right of my cookie tray pictured above). A Watson family tradition, and a cookie that my mother used to make. Either use your favorite peanut butter cookie recipe, a mix, or you can use this yummy recipe from www.allrecipes.com:
Instructions are simple:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda; set aside.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk. Add the flour mixture; mix well. Shape into 40 balls and place each into an ungreased mini muffin pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press a mini peanut butter cup into each ball. Cool and carefully remove from pan.
MY ADDED PRO TIP: Before making cookie dough, chill unwrapped peanut butter cups in the freezer. It makes them easier to press into hot cookies without melting on your fingers!
Psssst: My Christmas novella is now FREE TO READ ON KINDLE UNLIMITED!
When Scarlet Fever forced Emerson Lindt to move to England, her only consolation was Brady MacInnes’ promise of writing–letters that never arrived. When she returns to Scotland years later, Brady is adamant that he never betrayed her. And though poverty plagues Scotland and stretches Brady’s pocketbook, their love for each other flares anew. Can a Christmas miracle and the spirit of giving finally grant them a future together after they were denied marriage so long ago?
**This novella was originally published in the Love Rekindled at Christmas 2018 holiday anthology. Buy from:
*THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED. Last but not least, my awesome September giveaway! Err… It’s only 3 months late… Forgive me?
I have the coolest new author t-shirts and I’m giving one away to a lucky winner! A perfect conversation starter for you to tell others about your favorite E. Elizabeth Watson romance or fantasy novel, or a great gift to give a loved one. (They are all women’s size L for now, and are also available for purchase—contact me directly for prices.) Giveaway instructions below:
- Click over to my contact page HERE.
- Submit an email in the form at the bottom, wishing me a happy holiday of whatever winter tradition you celebrate, and write “T-shirt Giveaway!” in the message.
- Contest remains open until Dec. 15th, 2019 (this coming Sunday night) at 11:59 pm, Eastern U.S. time.
- I’ll announce a winner Monday, Dec. 16th, 2019 here and on my Facebook page. The winner will be contacted directly via email. One entry per person, please.
A Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Peaceful Solstice, and a delightful holiday season to all! See you in 2020.